Friday, March 8, 2019

From: Michael Stretton <Michael.Stretton@launceston.tas.gov.au>

Date: Wednesday, 6 March 2019 at 4:32 pm
To: Ray Norman <raynorman7250@bigpond.com>
Subject: RE: URGENT: Robyn Archer Cultural Report

Thanks for your e-mail Mr Norman.

The Council's position in respect to the release of the document remains unchanged from my e-mail to you dated 24 August 2018.

Regards 

Michael

Michael Stretton I General Manager I City of Launceston T | 6323 3104 | www.launceston.tas.gov.au

From: Ray Norman <raynorman7250@bigpond.com> 
Sent: Tuesday, 5 March 2019 8:51 AM
To: Michael Stretton <Michael.Stretton@launceston.tas.gov.au>
Subject: URGENT: Robyn Archer Cultural Report

Dear Michael,

You will no doubt be unsurprised that I might still be seeking a copy of Robin Archer’s brief and ‘assessment/s of Launceston’s culture’. I note with some interest that for Thursday’s meeting there is a report in the agenda from the CREATIVE ARTS AND CULTURAL SERVICES DIRECTORATE, presenting a “Cultural Strategy Progress Report” within which Robyn Archer’s name appears.

It would appear that ‘Council(?)’ has acted upon her recommendations in whole or in part. Given that, we may have, should have, reached a point beyond your SECTION 62 determination that her submission to Council is an internal working document and is/was thus confidential. That was always contestable but I’ve chosen to bide my time.

I’ve been offered an opinion that Council did not actually furnish Ms Archer with a formal brief, is that indeed the case? Nonetheless, she has clearly reported to Council and as a cultural researcher and interested ratepayer I have an ongoing interest in this matter. 

Apart from anything else, she is reporting on a ‘culture’ that I’m assuming that I’m a part of. Also, she would have been paid a fee for her work from ratepayer funds to which I contribute. Protocols to do with ‘accountability and transparency’ also suggest that my request is realistic.

Given the current circumstances will/can you please supply the information requested of you earlier? I request that you: 
  • indicate your intentions by the close of business tomorrow March 6; and 
  • that you supply what information you deem appropriate by the close of business March Friday 8 given that this week is a meeting week.
I look forward to your early response.

Regards,

Ray
Ray Norman
<zingHOUSEunlimited>
The lifestyle design enterprise and research network
PH: 03-6334 2176
40 Delamere Crescent Trevallyn TAS. 7250
WEBsites:

“A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.” Thomas Paine

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept” David Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment